Save those toilet rolls for a fun craft for your little ones!
Using only a few supplies, you can transform a cardboard toilet paper roll into a reindeer, Christmas tree, snowman or Santa.
Here's what you'll need, and how to do it.
- Toilet paper rolls (one per character)
- Paint (red, green, white, black and brown)
- Googly eyes
- Cotton balls
- Colored markers
- Pipe cleaner
- Card stock or construction paper
- Smalls twigs or sticks found outdoors
Feel free to use your imagination when creating your characters, but to get you started, here are a few of our favorites.
- Use a plain toilet paper roll, or paint it brown.
- Glue on two googly eyes and a pom pom nose.
- Use black marker for the mouth.
- Use a stick or twig found outdoors to form the antlers. Glue into place.
- Paint the toilet paper roll red.
- Make the hat by cutting out a small circle (approx 3.5 inches wide) from red paper. Cut a slit into the circle to form the hat and secure in place. Glue hat to the top of the paper roll. Glue a cotton ball to the top of the hat.
- Cut out a circular piece of white card stock for the face.
- Stretch out some cotton balls to form a beard, and glue around the face.
- Use a black marker to make the eyes, nose, mouth and belt.
- Paint the toilet paper roll white.
- Make the earmuffs by gluing a pipe cleaner over the top of the paper roll, and two cotton balls to the side.
- Cut out a carrot nose from orange card stock and glue down.
- Draw on the mouth, eyes and buttons with a black marker (you can use real buttons if you have them).